You are viewing a preview of...
Plasmid to Produce Recombinant SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Protein
A plasmid and purification protocol for the production of a soluble nucleocapsid protein, essential for developing COVID-19 diagnostics
Researchers at Colorado State University have developed a plasmid and purification protocol for the expression and purification of a soluble SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein for use in diagnostic assays, in response to the SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 outbreak.
- Bacterial expression plasmid encodes a bacterial codon-optimized fragment of the SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein
- Plasmid was sequence verified
- Bacterial expression protocol can produce monomeric nucleocapsid protein (as confirmed by mass spectroscopy) with greater than 95% purify
- Purified nucleocapsid protein has been tested by collaborators for antigenicity in mice immunized against the recombinant protein as well as bats infected with SARS-CoV-2
- Protein expressed and purified from this plasmid is antigenic
- Protein can be used for ELISAs as well as other assays to indicate presence
Log in or create a free account to continue reading